AutoCAD software is computer-aided design-CAD software that empowers architects, engineers, and construction professionals to create precise drawings. With AutoCAD, one can draft, annotate, and design 2D geometry and 3D models with solids, surfaces, and mesh objects. One can also Automate tasks like comparing drawings, counting objects, adding blocks, creating schedules, and more one can also Customize your workspace with add-on apps and APIs.
Toolset inclusion in AutoCAD software
Utilization of Architecture toolset- Stairs model designed with the Architecture toolset.
- Added features for architectural drawing, documentation, and schedules and for automating drafting tasks.
- Create floor plans, sections, elevations, and other building design drawings using specialized tools.
- Additional features include walls, doors, and windows.
- Use 8,500+ intelligent architectural objects and styles to support AIA 2nd edition, BS1192 DIN 276, ISYBAU Short Format, and STLB layer standards.
This toolset adds a library of standards-based parts and tools to help you create, modify and document mechanical designs for manufacturing.
- Automate mechanical engineering tasks, such as generating machine components, dimensioning, and creating bills of material.
- Create parts, assemblies, and other drawings for product design using specialized tools.
- Use 700,000+ intelligent manufacturing parts, features, and symbols to support ISO, ANSI, DIN, JIS, BSI, CSN, and GB standards.
Map 3D toolset
The toolset incorporates GIS topology with AutoCAD so you can use and maintain CAD and GIS data for planning, design, and data management.
- Create, maintain and communicate mapping and GIS information within the AutoCAD drawing environment.
- Use task-based tools to manage detailed GIS data and aggregate it with design data.
- Access some spatial data stored in files, databases, and web services.
- Use standard data schema, automated business workflows and report various templates for Electric North America, Electric Europe, Water, Wastewater, and Gas industries.
This toolset adds electrical design features to help you create, modify and document electrical controls systems.
- Create various panel layouts, schematic diagrams, and other electrical drawings using specialized tools.
- Use consistent project standards with graphics organized in a project-based structure.
- Includes a library of almost 65,000+ intelligent electrical symbols to support AS, GB, IEC, IEC-60617, JIC, JIS, NFPA, and IEEE standards.
The toolset adds features to help you draft, design, and document MEP building systems in an AutoCAD environment.
- Create accurate construction documentation of MEP systems design.
- Use task-based tools to create MEP drawings for building systems.
- Use 10,500+ intelligent MEP objects to support AIA 2nd edition, BS1192 Descriptive and BS1192 – AUG Version 2 standards, DIN 276, ISYBAU Long Format, ISYBAU Short Format, and STLB layer standards.